January 15, 2013

Surgery Announcement & Reading Update

First off, I have wonderful news--my surgery has been moved up a full two weeks, to January 30!!!!! Thus proving once again that there IS indeed a God, & He hasn't given up caring about me.

In other news, I have begun the second book on THE LIST, & may I say that you guys certainly didn't give me a bunch of fluff to read, did you? :D "Speak", by Laurie Halse Anderson, is profoundly serious from its very first lines. If it has been as influential in YA in the 12 years since it was published as I'm hearing, then it certainly is high time that I read it. All I can say is, I'm glad that I've had enough time for my horrible memories of public school to have stopped giving me nightmares before I started reading this!

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! I thought Speak was very good, but yes, some emotional distance from High School is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here. *waves*

    God can indeed be good to us when we least expect it. Hope surgery and your reading list goes well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JNCL!

    I haven't been very active in the blogosphere these past many weeks, and wanted to check in and see if you were back after your op., and doing well. I'd didn't realise your surgery had been postponed. I hope all is well with you now and that you're completely fine. God bless you and your family. :)

    Warm regards and prayers,
    Risa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...