October 10, 2008

Veni--Vedi--Vici

OH. MY. GOD. THE. BOOK. IS. DONE!!!! O.kay, for those who have no clue what I'm talking about, back story.
For the past three months, I've been writing a book about--well, a lot of things, but primarily about my father, and about how my Pentecostal pastor father influenced me to become Orthodox, though he could never have known he was doing so at the time. I don't even remember how many books I've started writing in my life; I wrote my first real story when I was 10, and started my first novel when I was thirteen. This book is the first one I've ever actually finished.
The terrifying part about finishing a book, of course, is that I now begin asking myself, is it possible that anyone will ever publish it? That anyone other than my mother and my husband will even ever read it? But since I only finished it a few hours ago, I think I'll just let myself bask in the reality of having finally completed one for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jennifer!

    Glad to see you have found the energy to complete the book. Surely, if Fr. Gilquist and Frankie Schaeffer could find a publisher ... an accomplished linguistic scholar should!

    Anyway, we miss you. Hope to see over X-mas maybe even visit Christminster together?

    J.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...