September 10, 2012

BBAW2012: Favorite Blog on the Block

When I first began blogging seriously, just over a year ago, many book bloggers were very kind and welcoming to me, patient with my questions, and willing to help me publicize and slowly gather a following.  A post that focused on each one would fill everyone's data allotment to capacity, but they know who they are, and how grateful I am.  On this first day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2012, I decided I would focus on one blog that has given me so many rewarding book recommendations, and a blogger who has been a very good friend to someone she's never actually met.

Bev at My Reader's Block is quite the eclectic reader, and her recommendations--especially for mysteries that the world has begun to forget--have led me to some delightful reading.  Of all the challenges I undertook at the beginning of this year, her Vintage Mystery Challenge has been my favorite by far.  Someone else had been praising Dorothy L. Sayers on her blog, and I decided I wanted to try out Lord Peter Wimsey, but it wasn't until the Vintage Mystery Challenge came along that I finally dived in.  I can honestly say it was one of those moments when a series became not only a new favorite, but a permanent part of my mental framework.  That alone makes Bev one of my favorite people!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, shucks. Thanks so much! And I'm so glad you love Lord Peter too. I reread those books on a regular basis--even though my TBR mountains are large enough that I really shouldn't reread anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Bev! She's one whom I had to recognize, too!

    Happy BBAW!
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev is one of my favorite people too, her blog is a great resource. Nice to see Bev being recognized.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be put off by the fact that comment moderation is on, so your comment won't appear until I've approved it. I do this to keep spam comments and sex ads from appearing on my blog. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...