January 25, 2012

My Oscar


"You like me! You really"--okay, that'll be quite enough of THAT!  Still, it was very exciting to me to receive my first ever blogger award this week!  I know some bloggers consider awards of this type a very well-intentioned nuisance, but I am NOT one of those.  I suppose, if you've built up a huge following and would probably be getting an award from someone every other day, it would be impossible to deal with, as you're supposed to pass them on.  But for my little blog, which is only a few months old and slowly making its way toward 60 followers, this is red-letter day, and it feels wonderful to have someone recognize and enjoy all the hard work I've put into this venture.

Thank you so much, Jean of Finding Your Gibbee, for bestowing upon me the Versatile Blogger award, and now it is my responsibility to make the following public service announcement, after which I will have the joy of passing this award on to a few more bloggers.  Hopefully, it will make their day as cheerful as receiving it made mine.

The rules of this award are as follows.

-In a post on your blog, present at least 5 fellow bloggers with the Versatile Blogger Award.
-In the same post, include the Versatile Blogger Award.
-In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
-In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
-In the same post, include these rules.
-Inform each new winner of their award by posting a comment on their blog.

My chosen recipients are


And finally, 7 random facts about me, your fascinating hostess.

*Blue has been my favorite color my entire life.  I'm really quite obsessive about it, actually.

*I love green cocktail olives, unadulterated with pimento or anything else.  All other types of olive I've ever tried tasted disgusting to me.

*I'm a PK.  (If you don't know what that means, just thank your lucky stars and go on about your life.)

*With a combined total from kindergarten to graduate work, I was in school for 25 years.

*My mother taught me to crochet, my paternal grandmother taught me embroidery, and I taught myself to knit.

*Thus far, I've been a fire-breathing Pentecostal, a member of the Eastern Orthodox church, and an Episcopalian, and that was just the first 34 years.  Imagine what I may get up to before I die!

*I'm an armchair Egyptologist.  My great ambition is to write a novel about ancient Egypt (because the world just doesn't have enough of those yet, right?)

Bonus Fact:
RAVENCLAW RULES!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can definitely understand your excitement. I have only just started my blog in the last few months and every comment and follower you get makes it seem worthwhile. You seem to be doing quite well with 60 followers! I have only managed 10 so far!

    Jenna
    http://closetclassicist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one of your 10, if that helps at all. :D Thanks for dropping by, and especially for commenting. You're right; comments do make me very happy!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! And thanks for your award to me :) though I wouldn't call myself *versatile* if all I do is books! I'm working on mine, not done yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...