September 09, 2011

Beautifully Ordinary

After a lifetime of calling 9-1-1 for my parents, of ambulances, of floods and moving just as I made friends in school and bankruptcies and exotic illnesses and panic attacks and PTSD, being bored can have its charms.  Actually, I wasn't really bored today; it was just a slow, peaceful day, a rare moment when Michael was home and all three of us were together.  We spent the day having lunch out, getting the groceries, and just enjoying each other's company.  It wasn't exciting; like I said, I've had plenty of exciting.  Slow, calm and peaceful make a nice change, especially now that Brigid the SuperToddler understands being told things like, "Just five more minutes, and then it's time to leave," and "Papa will be right back; he just went to the bathroom."  Less baby panic over non-emergencies equals greater Mommy tranquility.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...