September 27, 2011

Strange Day, Wonderful Husband

Well, I got an unexpected day off from Mommy chores today, but unfortunately, it wasn't as pleasant as it might sound at first.  Early in the afternoon, I managed to strain an abdominal muscle.  I really didn't think it was any big deal, though, until I then lifted little Brigid the SuperToddler into my arms, and seriously contemplated letting out a full-throated cry of pain.  I've had this happen to me before, and I know from experience that if I rest it for the remainder of the day and get a good night's sleep, I wake up feeling much better in the morning, so I decided I'd better call in the cavalry, as none of that healing-type stuff was going to happen with Brigid and I home alone together.


Enter my wonderful husband, who is blessed enough to have a job (for a few more months!) at which he accrues paid time off that he is at liberty to use as necessary, so he took the last couple of hours of his work day off and came home to rescue us.  The SuperToddler was a bit befuddled, watching me supervise from a semi-prone position tasks which I normally perform myself as a matter of course, but she rolled with it, and had a lovely time playing with Papa and being chased around the house by him.  It was a nice evening for them together, and I took some Ibuprofen and had a relaxing soak in an epsom salt bath.  Who knows?  Maybe God just threw me an unscheduled break.  Either way, I am very grateful to have a husband who can and will take over diapers, play time, and emergency interventions to retrieve toys from under furniture any time I really need him to do so.  Just thought I would brag on him a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...