October 02, 2011

God Save the Queen

Image courtesy of
Acorn Media
Just a brief note to let you all know about an awesome new favorite of mine that I've discovered in the past few days, and to lament the fact that they didn't make many, many more episodes of it.  I may be the last person in the Western hemisphere to have discovered the docudrama entitled simply, "The Queen," but I have to say, I LOVED it.  If you haven't seen this amazing series yet, and if you're even a mildly interested "royal watcher," then you MUST do yourself a favor and see this one.  It's available to buy from Acorn Media, the same lovely people who gave us such British favorites as "Midsomer Murders" and "Prime Suspect," to buy or rent from Amazon, to stream or on DVD from Netflix--in other words, you'll have no trouble laying your hands on it.  Though I knew many of the elements of the stories told, there were some surprises for me, and more importantly, even the familiar details simply held me riveted, because of some well-executed acting and great storytelling.  Only one character really didn't ring true for me, but I won't say who; I'll let you make up your own minds.  Other than that slightly jarring note, this show was perfection.  (Of course, I'm also a royalist at heart, I must admit.)  Anyway, I highly recommend this one.  Hope you're all enjoying your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like my cup of tea, Jennifer. Yet somehow I'd never heard of it before. So thanks for the royal tip. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...