September 30, 2011

Updates, Announcements, Confessions

Confession:

I'm beginning to understand now why so many bloggers dedicate an entire blog just to their reading life.  Trying to keep up with reviews, reading challenges, and everything from just general life that I want to blog about all in one place is somewhat baffling, because it means I could easily write about 5 posts a day.  My whole point in naming this blog what I did, though, was to highlight the quite disparate threads of my life that all meet in my one brain, so I'm not prepared to start splitting everything off into forty different blogs.  I've done enough of that already.  So, multiple posts looming ahead; fair warning has been given.

Updates:

NaBloPoMo.  (If that means nothing to you, click here to read the relevant post in the archives.)  I finished my first month of NaBloPoMo, and did indeed meet my goal of posting every day.  Having done it once, I was thinking of taking a well-earned break from it, until I found out October's theme: BETWEEN.  Talk about a theme speaking to a person!  Michael and I are between jobs, lives, future plans, rocks and hard places--if it's a major circumstance you can get stuck between in life, we're pretty much there right now.  In other words, I'll be continuing to NaBloPoMo until further notice.

Brigid the SuperToddler did NOT develop any black eye after falling and banging her nose on the coffee table last night--YAY!  I prayed earnestly about this, and all I can say is thank God.  She has a little cut on her nose, but she's going to be just fine.

Announcements:

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!  **crashing cymbals**
I'm hosting my first ever reading challenge/blog hop here at The Beauty of Eclecticism, called the Read Your Own Library! Challenge.  Rules and further explanations are available here, and I hope you'll join us, because it's going to be lots of fun!  If you have books on your shelves that you've owned and been meaning to read forever, this challenge was made for you (and me, because I'm in exactly the same boat).  Tell your friends!  This will be an on-going monthly challenge, and the link will open here on the 5th of each month.  This will give you a few days to decide what book(s) you're going to read and get your post written.  The link will close on the 8th of each month, by which time I assume that everyone who is going to enter for the month will already have done so.  Hope to see you there!


The Beauty of Eclecticism is on Facebook!  Yes, your favorite blog has its own page on Facebook now, and WE NEED "LIKES," so come like us, won't you?  In return, we'll give you daily updates on blog doings in your Facebook feed (provided Facebook doesn't CHANGE the Facebook feed yet again).

You may have noticed that there's a new link in the right sidebar called "Commonplace Book."  A Commonplace Book is a place to record awesome quotes and other useful information one stumbles across while reading, and I decided that a dedicated blog to store such things would be my one concession to separating my reading somewhat, so that it doesn't totally overwhelm The Beauty of Eclecticism.  Click on the link (or click here) and check it out.  Quotes!  Get your fresh quotes here!

--End of Bulletin--
We now return you to your regularly scheduled life, already in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...