November 18, 2011

Do You Speak Quote? (1)


I'm sitting in my recliner, being rather bored, while my SuperToddler is dancing around the living room, being rather giddy, because she's watching Frosty the Snowman.  So, while Frosty and little Karen the blonde-headed girl try to find some way to reach the North Pole, I randomly decided to introduce a new periodic feature on my blog called, "Do You Speak Quote?"  The object here is to toss out one of my favorite book quotes at random and see if anyone can identify the book it's from.  I warn you now, I offer no guarantees that these quotes will make a bit of sense, but they'll be fun.  In that spirit, here's my first quote.

"Skies Am Shining Brother"

Photo by Suguri F

Ring any bells?  Comments, please, if you have a guess.  What the Hell!  For the first comment I receive with the right answer, the commenter will get to take his/her pick from my small stash of very gently used giveaway books.  (I'll send you the little list, and hopefully one will take your fancy.)

UPDATE:

This quote is from the puzzle mystery, The Westing Game, by Ellen Raskin, which is an awesome book, by-the-way, and one of my absolute favorites of all time.  If you haven't read it, I recommend it; it's a quick read.  And I promise I wasn't cheating and just picking four words at random out of the book; those four words, in exactly that order, appear just like that on the page.  It was the first quote that went through my head, so I used it.  Next time I post one of these, I'll try to choose something that actually follows the rules of English grammar and wild stuff like that.

5 comments:

  1. I love the idea behind your posting! Very clever! And, no, I haven't a clue as to where those four words (quite poetically strung together, I might add) come from. Have a great weekend! Cheers! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting feature! I haven't a clue where this quote is from...and I suspect I haven't read the book it's from, but I'm looking forward to what other quotes feature on your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I hope you keep it up.
    Too bad I had no idea about this week's quote :-( it was so strange I checked it out with Google (but of course I won't share the title here, so others can play) and it's a book I had never even heard of. Sound great, though! Wishlist-bound...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great meme idea! And, no, I didn't get where it was from. Even though I read the book long ago and far away (like Scribacchina, I googled it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! I have never heard of The Westing Game, and it sounds like an interesting one, might pick up a copy for my grandchildren for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...