November 11, 2011

Naming Names

So, presumably, since others have started linking up to the 2012 Medieval Reading Challenge, the host should do the same, shouldn't she?  Without further ado, then, let me announce the titles that I hope to read, so that it can be here in print to haunt me in case I fail utterly.  :>


Naturally I have chosen the Paradiso level, meaning I must read 12 medieval books from at least 4 different genres between January 1 and December 31, 2012.  Here are my choices (note that those with an * beside them also qualify for my Read Your OWN Library! Challenge, meaning I've owned them for ages and never yet read them, while those with a ^ beside them will be planted in my Victory Garden):

Biography--
The Confessions, by St. Augustine of Hippo*^
The Life of St. Columba, by St. Adamnan of Iona*

History--
Ecclesiastical History of the English People, by the Venerable Bede*^
History of the Franks, by Gregory of Tours*

Literature--
Beowulf *
History of the Kings of Britain, by Geoffrey of Monmouth

Religion--
Pastoral Care, by Pope St. Gregory the Great*

Romance--
The Letters of Abelard and Heloise, by Peter Abelard and Heloise d'Argenteuil
Le Morte d'Arthur, by Sir Thomas Mallory^
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight

Women--
The Alexiad of Anna Comnena*
The Book of the City of Ladies, by Christine de Pizan

And there you have it.  Twelve different books in six separate genres.  Now all I have to do is actually read them!

2 comments:

  1. Good golly woman! How can you read so many books with a toddler? Especially a supertoddler?!?
    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I get those in movie format on netflix...?
    Got to be easy or I ain't up to it!! ;{)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...