November 26, 2011

My Tiny Little Inbox


I only got one book to report on this week.  I confess, that makes me feel just a bit sorry for myself.  Wait!  This is actually an omnibus volume, so I really got FOUR books this week!  There now; I feel better already.  Anyway, let me just say that I'm getting VERY impatient for one of the publishers for whom I review to get SOMETHING available that I have even a remote interest in reading; their failure to do so is cutting into my supply!  I finally gave up waiting on one of the others, and just requested something of theirs that I wouldn't normally read at all.  That's probably healthy for me, though; it helps broaden my horizons.  It hasn't arrived yet, but at least I'll have something to write about next Sunday.


SO, enough grousing.  With the arrival this week of The Betsy-Tacy Treasury: The First Four Betsy-Tacy Books, I now have the entire Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace.  Once again, this is a Christmas present I ordered for myself, which means that it will be wrapped and opened at the proper time, so I can't read it now.  That's just as well, however, since I've got two Christmas books to read before January 6th, and I'm also hoping to finish my requirements for The Regency and Victorian Challenge as soon as possible, in order to start off fresh on the challenges of 2012.  My friends Betsy, Tacy and Tib will have to wait a while for me to come play on the Big Hill.

6 comments:

  1. Great Mailbox this week!

    New Follower :)

    If you have a moment, please come and vote on your favorite YA Novel's Character:
    Here
    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how hard it is to be patient sometimes for the books we're eager to read! I just went and bought Christmas presents but wasn't good like you and didn't wrap them for the tree:) If you want a new challenge to add to that one you're doing, I'm cohosting the 2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge. It's a good way to get through the ones sitting on your shelf!
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/11/2012-tbr-pile-reading-challenge-sign.html

    Enjoy your books this week!
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've never heard of the Betsy-Tacy books!
    You've got so much willpower to wrap it up and not read it yet! lol

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this one before! It sounds neat though!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. One book is okay! Can't always be rolling in books! lol

    Check out my IMM! I just started my blog so it is my very first one!
    http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2011/11/weekly-meme-hosted-by-story-siren-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of that one but it sounds interesting! Happy reading!

    A new follower! :D

    Please check out my IMM too!
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...