November 10, 2011

Medieval Update, Part II

Popular demand has further informed me that 12 medieval tomes in one year could be a bit much to take on at once for those who already have heavy reading/blogging schedules, plus actual lives to lead.  :)  Very understandable.  Ergo, I have established three levels of the challenge, and anyone who has already signed up should feel free to choose a level requiring less than the original 12 books if they wish.


The new levels are:

Inferno: at least 4 books, so that you can still meet the requirement of reading from four different genres

Purgatorio: a minimum of 8 books

Paradiso:  the full 12 books, an average of one per month for the year

Furthermore, some readers would like a say in their reading selections, which is also understandable.  I'm setting the requirement that, whichever level you choose, at least half of your reads must come from the Master List.  The rest may or may not be from the list, as you decide.

I hope these adjustments will make this challenge more accessible to the widest possible audience.  I apologize if the updates have caused any confusion--I'm still quite new to hosting reading challenges, and am still learning what works best for everyone.  Thank you for your patience, and for joining in with us in 2012.

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh. Now you've got me tempted (like I need another challenge). I knew I could never manage 12 (medieval not being my period of choice)...but I could maybe do four. I wish I had saved Dante for this year..... Off to consult my Medieval guru. Be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bending the rules :-)
    I hope you weren't bothered by my suggestions, actually you are doing great with hosting, and I am sure you will get many more to take the challenge! I'll take it for sure, still need to define my list, but I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, I wasn't bothered at all. I really appreciate the feedback, so that I can make the challenge as user-friendly as possible and allow more people to enjoy a good medieval read. :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Defined my list, and just now signed up. Can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Welcome to the challenge, officially. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...